Center for Cell Imaging
The Center for Cell Imaging (CCI) is a multi-user facility offering a range of advanced microscopic techniques to scientists of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and affiliated research groups. The unit is coordinated by Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology and is run by expert microscopists that provide training and assistance.
Research performed in the unit is highly diverse (ranging from infection biology to reproduction and vascular development). Some of the most frequent user groups are listed below.
- Willem Stoorvogel/Marca Wauben.
Imaging membrane traffic in- and between antigen presenting cells and T cells.
- Jos van Putten/Xander de Haan/Berend-Jan Bosch/ Raoul de Groot/Willem van Eden.
Imaging traffic of microbial /viral pathogens in host cells.
- Alain de Bruin/Bart Gadella/Bernd Helms/Bernard Roelen.
Imaging membrane dynamics during fertilization, imaging developmental processes in oocytes (isolates) and vascular systems (zebrafish).
We provide knowledge about analyses and imaging of live cells, intracellular membrane traffic, tissue section imaging, zebrafish imaging, multicolor CLSM, multiphoton imaging, AFM imaging of sperm cells, bead internalization and Duolink applications.
- Leica TCS SPE-2 confocal laser scanning-microscope on a DMI4000 (Confocal)
- Bio-Rad 2100MP multiphoton microscope on a NIKON TE300 (Tsunami fs)
- JPK Nanowizard II Atomic Force Microscope mounted onto Nikon Eclipse Ti with Biocell add-on
- Leica DMRE fluorescence microscope with Photometrics Coolsnap FX CCD camera
- Olympus BX60 fluorescence microscope with color CCD camera (Leica DFC425C)
- Leica DMRA fluorescence microscope optimized to perform cytogenetic analyses (Genus software)
- Reichert Ultracut S ultramicrotome (currently stationed in the Electron Microscopy Utrecht (EMU) at department of biology
- Leica CM3050 Cryostate
- Leica CM3000 Cryostate
Esther van ‘t Veld – Fluorescence microscopy
phone: +31 (0) 30 -253 7704
Rob Bleumink – Cryostates / histological and fluorescent imaging
phone: +31 (0) 30 – 253 5296
(present on monday and wednesday afternoon)
Bart Gadella – Atomic Force Microscopy/fluorescent imaging
phone: +31 (0) 30 – 253 5386
Richard Wubbolts – for advice on experimental procedures/strategies applications